Terms and Conditions of Use
I am the sole owner of this website. All opinions stated here are my own and do not reflect those of any other individual, company, or organization. By accessing this website, you agree to the following terms and conditions:
- Understand that this website sometimes links to outside sources that have different privacy policies and may contain harmful links. This website’s policies do not apply to third-party websites linked here.
- Understand that I am not an audiobook or promotional expert of any kind. This website may contain inaccuracies or errors in information. Attempts will be made to correct such errors upon notice.
- I reserve the right to all moderate comments submitted to Audiobook Empire and reject those I deem inappropriate, at my own discretion.
- I am not liable for any damages to you or your property caused by the use of this website.
- I am not responsible for comments made by parties other than myself, including those in guest posts, reviews written by others, comment sections, or testimonials.
As a resident of the state of North Carolina, North Carolina state laws govern the operation of this website.
An extended version of this policy, including matters pertaining to GDPR compliance, can be found here.
What does Audiobook Empire do with your personal information?
Federal law requires me to tell you how I collect, use, share, and protect your personal information. Federal law also limits how I can use your personal information. Protecting the privacy and security of consumers’ personal information is very important to me. Please read this notice carefully to understand what I do with the personal information I collect both online and offline. Although I cannot guarantee confidentiality, I take all reasonable steps to protect your personal information.
When you contact me to ask a question or request a service, any personal information you provide is voluntary. I collect and use only the minimum information necessary to respond to your concerns and questions. In most cases, I collect limited personal information, such as name or email address.
When you contact me to place an order via Audiobook Empire, you are making voluntary disclosure of your personal information. I collect and use this information only to provide the products you ordered or to deliver the services you requested, tailored to your needs. I use third party services to collect personal financial information and do not see or store such information outside these services.
When do I collect personal information?
WHEN YOU CONTACT ME…
- With questions or comments in the contact form.
- When you comment on a post directly on the website.
- To request more information, schedule a telephone call, or sign up to the newsletter.
- To place an order for products or services.
- To receive your product or services.
WHEN I CONTACT YOU…
- To provide the goods and services you requested.
- To request occasional feedback.
- To provide news, updates, and offers through the newsletter, usually by email.
WHEN I CONTACT OTHERS…
- I may see certain personal information from third party apps and services that allow me to complete your order.
- I may see certain personal information from third party apps and services that allow me to monitor website traffic, email conversion, and other analytics data.
Where does your information go?
WITHIN AUDIOBOOK EMPIRE…
- I use your personal information to contact you regarding offers, to provide news and updates that you have requested, and to complete your product or services orders.
- Certain personal information will be used internally for accounting purposes.
AND OUTSIDE AUDIOBOOK EMPIRE…
- I use the following third party apps and services to facilitate my business by delivering orders, sending newsletters, accounting, and tracking analytics data for business purposes:
- Google Analytics: Specifically, Google Analytics collects data about visitors to the Site via Google advertising cookies and anonymous identifiers, in addition to other data which may be collected through a standard Google Analytics implementation. I do not merge personally-identifiable information with non-personally identifiable information collected through any Google advertising product or feature. Should you wish to opt out of any Google Analytics Advertising features, you are encouraged to change your Ad Settings and Ad Setting for mobile apps, through the NAI’s consumer opt-out, or by using any of the other opt-out options currently available: currently available opt-outs.
- Facebook pixels. More information is available here.
- Mailchimp. More information is available here.
- Paypal. More information is available here.
AND RARELY, TO LAW ENFORCEMENT…
- I provide information to businesses or individuals in response to lawful court orders, subpoenas, or to resolve complaints.
Additional Privacy-related Information
Cookies are small text files placed on your computer to collect information about the pages you view and your activities on the site. They enable the site to recognize you by, for example, remembering your user name, offering a shopping cart, or keeping track of your preferences if you visit the site again. The cookie transmits this information back to the website’s computer (or server) which generally is the only computer that can read it. You can set your Web browser to warn you about attempts to place cookies on your computer, or to limit the type of cookies you allow. See also more information on how to change cookies settings in popular desktop browsers.
- This site uses single and multi-session cookies to enhance the visitor experience. Use the link above to opt out.
Audiobook Empire aims to foster a welcoming, positive, and supportive environment. Comments by any user undermining these values will be immediately removed without warning, at the sole discretion of the owner. Trolling, spamming, self-promoting, and anything adjacent to these actions will constitute comment and account removal.
Any comments posted here are to be considered public, not private, and will be treated as such.
Audiobook Empire accepts all genres of audiobooks for review requests. Care has been taken to work with qualified reviewers in a number of genres.
Submission of a title does not guarantee a review. Reviews are subject to reviewer interest. Simply put, if a reviewer is interested in your title, they may request to review it. If not, they won't. Reviews will not be forced upon anyone reviewing for Audiobook Empire.
Audiobook Empire is not in the business of paid reviews. Reviewers are not paid or compensated for writing reviews. They do so because they believe in supporting independent authors, narrators, publishing houses, and the audiobook community as a whole.
All reviews posted on Audiobook Empire are honest and unbiased. The purchasing of a premium service, for example a VIP Placement or Express Review, are not to be equated with the purchasing of a "positive" review, but rather with the purchasing of ad space for an honest review. These premium services will allow for the approval of the review before it is posted. Otherwise, the review will be posted, whether positive or negative, without prior approval.
All reviews posted here are to be viewed independently as the opinions of each respective reviewer, not of Audiobook Empire.
Guest Review Policy
Audiobook Empire has high standards for the content posted on its website. Anyone may submit their own reviews as guest reviews, but submission does not guarantee acceptance. Guest reviews are subject to the same requirements as those from the Audiobook Empire Review Team.
Each guest reviews submitted will be thoughtfully considered. However, those adhering to the following guidelines will have a higher chance of being excepted for posting.
Guest reviews must:
● Be at least 300-400 words in length.
● Be more analysis than summary. In fact, summary is not necessary within the review, as it will be posted separately by Audiobook Empire.
● Provide commentary on the listening experience, including (but not limited to) the narration, production, any sound effects, and overall listening experience.
● Provide constructive criticism and ways in which the author and/or narrator can realistically improve, if applicable.
● Not include external links or images within the review.
● Grant a star rating to the audiobook. This can be done in anyway you see fit.
● Disclose where the audiobook came from. You may use the following disclosure, editing it to fit your situation: This audiobook was received from the [author/narrator/publisher] in exchange for an honest review. The gifting of this audiobook did not affect the opinion of it.
By submitting your audiobook as a guest review on Audiobook Empire, you are agreeing to allow Audiobook Empire to edit your review for spelling, grammar, and other errors of clarity. The content and opinions expressed in your review will remain unchanged.
Audiobook Empire participates in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. Any links found on this website directing to Amazon.com should be considered affiliate links. This means that audiobook empire gets a small commission from purchases made through those links. Purchasing through them helps support Audiobook Empire at no additional cost to yourself.
This policy is valid from 17 August 2019
This website accepts forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions or other forms of compensation.
This website abides by word of mouth marketing standards. I believe in honesty of relationship, opinion and identity. The compensation received via Audiobook Empire may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content, advertising space or post will be clearly identified as paid or sponsored content.
The owner of this website is compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though I receive compensation for certain promotional posts or advertisements, I always give my honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question.
This website does contain content which might present a conflict of interest. This content will always be identified.
REPLICATION OF WRITTEN CONTENT:
- All replicated content must include a working link back to the original source on Audiobook Empire. If you cannot locate the source, contact me.
- Written content in excess of 100 words will not be replicated without explicit permission.
- Replicated content must remain unchanged from the original source.
- Any exceptions to the above statements must be cleared with me before replication.
I’m not opposed to allowing my reviews to be partially replicated in accordance with the above statements. I take plagiarism very seriously and will not hesitate to take action against violations of this policy.
To be clear: You can replicate written content only if 1) it is linked back to the original post, 2) it is under 100 words, and 3) it is unchanged. You can do all of this without additional permission from me. Anything out of line with these three things requires you to contact me for explicit permission.
REPLICATION OF IMAGE CONTENT:
- Replication of any image content requires expressed permission from me, unless it was explicitly created for your use (i.e. a tour or design service). Contact me if you would like to reproduce any of the images designed by me and found on this website.
I consider these images protected under copyright law (the Digital Millennium Copyright Act) and will not hesitate to take action against violations of this policy. Before putting either of us through that, please consider how it would really be so much simpler just to contact me.
If you become aware of an instance in which you believe my intellectual property has been used without my consent, please let me know. Likewise, if you believe I have infringed upon your copyright, please contact me immediately.
- No purchase is required to enter any giveaway on Audiobook Empire.
- Digital giveaways are open internationally, with some exceptions (if global restrictions apply). Exceptions will always be disclosed.
- Giveaways for physical prizes are only open to U.S. residents, unless otherwise indicated.
- Participants must be over age 18 or have parental permission to enter.
It is the sole responsibility of participants under 18 to obtain parental permission.
- No giveaway blogs permitted to enter.
- There will be one randomly selected winner, unless otherwise indicated.
- Winner(s) determined by random selection via giveaway widget (Rafflecopter or Gleam).
- Odds of winning determined by total number of entrants.
- By entering, you grant the right to publicize your name and likeness (avatar) in the event of winning.
- The winner will be notified on the giveaway’s end date and must respond within 3 days of notification or the prize will be forfeited and a new winner will be randomly selected.
- VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW